Saturday, May 2, 2015

Ok Today is THE DAY!

YI am sitting at the Detroit airport (in the Delta Crown Room) awaiting the boarding of our flight to Amsterdam. I was still making arrangements as late as this morning picking an airbnb for our extra days in Amsterdam. But everything is settled now. We have lodging for every night we will be away. We talked about staying somewhat flexible but I feel like I did not want to be researching bed and breakfasts and hotels while I was in a foreign country on vacation. So the travel schedule is somewhat set but there is flexibility in how any individual day will be spent. Other than  the D-Day tour on May 13 which is booked as an all day tour.  Our 5 nights in Amsterdam will be divided between the Amsterdam Hilton (where John Lennon and  Oko stayed and wrote a song) and the airbnb I booked last night. It will give us two different views of Amsterdam. We chose the Hilton because Steve and I will be attending the Amsterdam English Speaking Rotary meeting on Monday night and the meeting is held in the Hilton. It seemed like an easy choice for a first destination.  Interestingly the price of rooms at the Hilton were very reasonable for Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. When I looked at the additional 2 days the price was significantly (100 euros) more expensive. So that is why I originally only booked the first 3 nights. I called this week asking about extending our visit and was quoted an even higher rate for the extra nights. We love staying at bed and Breakfasts and have had good experiences so I was happy to look at this option. I have heard great things about airbnb so I thought it was a great time to give it a try. More on that next week obviously. 

Off to the boarding gate. Let the adventure begin!

Trying to add a picture..

No comments: